The Organizing Committee of the International Forum on Health and Well-being presents its Manifesto in a brief press conference
Date: 24th September 2022
Time: 10:00 - 12:00 CEST
Participation: Be present at location and online
Location: GIA Trade & Exhibition Centre
De Werf 11
2544 The Hague
The organizing committee is composed by:
- BSC, PhD Miriam Palacios-Callender
- Ir. F. M. Freyre H.
- Dra. Niubel Díaz Padilla
- M.D, Fam. Pract. Walter Schrader (Disaster Relief Manager)
- BSC Braulio C. Freyre H. (Expert in International Cooperation)
The First International Health and Well-Being Forum 2022, has the purpose of provide a space for the identification of strengths and opportunities among entities and people committed to sustainable human development.
In coherence with the 2030 Agenda and the growing demand to seek alternatives to improve the living conditions of vulnerable populations, we propose this space for close encounter, motivated by the values that embody the Sustainable Development Goals and particularly the third objective that it poses: SDG 3: Health and well-being. Guarantee a healthy life and promote the well-being of all at all ages.
Maintaining the universal, public and free nature of the health system, as well as guaranteeing its sustainability, is one of the objectives, the universal nature of public health (1)
After the overwhelming crisis generated by the COVID-19 pandemic, there is evidence of the vulnerability of the sectors of the world population that have been historically disadvantaged and, what is even worse, the impotence of national health systems, fundamentally in impoverished countries, to meet the challenge posed by this global phenomenon. We propose this alternative meeting space to build initiatives of investment, cooperation and human solidarity within our reach.
Faced with the growth of the multiple crisis due to geopolitical conflicts, energy poverty and the ravages of climate change, which rebel like other phenomena in the world that generate impotence in a large part of humanity. It is necessary to establish alliances, for the approach of social actors as active subjects in the search for innovative solutions and to raise our most useful potential in mutual interest, taking as a reference the ethical horizon of the common good.
This meeting proposes the creation of a space to expand relations between the entire network of experiences of an institutional, business, social, etc. nature, that has the will to get involved in a practical way in the alternatives of support and construction of innovative experiences for international development in health and well-being.
Generate a meeting space to identify common interests, lines of work, investment opportunities to improve the quality of life, fundamentally in vulnerable sectors of the citizenry. Promoting international and multilateral cooperation, agreements for the provision of services in the medium and short term to improve people's access to the universal health care and welfare system.
- Promote projects and agreements between organizations, public-private sector companies, governmental and non-governmental entities involved in medical health care and the various forms of access to the health and welfare system.
- Promote strategic alliances in multilateral and transdisciplinary collaboration. Promoting the development of projects, businesses, initiatives in all lines of work that favour human health, beyond access to medicines, food, water, hygiene, health education, professional training, among others.
- Organize the Forum, to strengthen alliances in North-South and South-South development cooperation, which respond to the current needs in the new post-COVID-19 international scenario.
(1)- 17 goals to transform our world. United Nations. Sustainable development goals and targets.
(The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint for achieving a sustainable future for all. They interrelate with each other and incorporate the global challenges we face every day, such as poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, Prosperity, Peace and Justice To leave no one behind, they are a call to action in all countries https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/en/sustainable-development-goals/